Quiz1 Study Guide
- What is the difference between Astronomy and Astrology?
- How is your astrological sign determined?
- Why are the constellations of the Zodiac special?
- How many constellations make up the Zodiac?
- What is an asterism?
- What are constellations used for?
- Is there anything special about the stars that make up a constellation? li>
- What is special about the North Star?
- Previously, all the large objects orbiting the Sun were known as planets. How are they classified now?
- Bring a pencil
Quiz2 Study Guide
- Know all of the terms related to the Celestial Sphere.
- Know the path of the Sun in the sky.
- Know how to determine your latitude on Earth, the declination of circumpolar stars, and the altitude of the sun based on the position of the north star.
- What causes the seasons?
- Know how to determine the time based on the phase and position of the Moon.
- When the Moon is near the horizon, how does it look?
- In what lunar phase can you see a lunar and solar eclipse?
- Bring a pencil
Quiz3 Study Guide
- Which stars are hot and which ones are cool?
- What forms of light will an object at a certain temperature emit? What happens when it is heated?
- What is the speed of Light?
- Know the different forms of light in correct order from longest to shortest wavelength
- Know how to calculate the speed of a wave
- Know Wien's Law
- Know the Stefan-Boltzmann Law
- How can you see the colors in a rainbow?
To review images of rainbows, moonbows, halos and glories click here
Quiz4 Study Guide
- Know the correct order of all the planets, dwarf planets & plutoids
- Know the locations of the Asteroid Belt, Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud - which one harbors the most objects?
- Where does our Solar System end?
- Know the criteria for a planet, dwarf planet and plutoid
- Know what are Dysnomia and Charon and where they are located
- Note: it would help if you can draw out a detailed figure of the solar system